Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Dear Local H and Everclear: I miss you.

So of course I've been doing some more research on Brand New lyrics and I can't get over the connection they have with life in general. They're not out there to beak new ground in the music industry, but to put in words the angsty teenage drama and human life exerience. They sing songs that reverberate in your head, that you can't get rid of. I haven't been on one of these speels in a long time and just so happens that the last one was Brand New again back in my junior year of highschool. The only other band I've really ever obsessed over lyrics with is Jimmy Eat World and they happen to be my number 2 ;) Can I make a few recommendations: Jimmy Eat World, Manchester Orchestra, Colour Revolt

These next 2 videos are of this wonderful band called Local H.





Bound For The Floor (above) is one of those defining songs of mine from my elementary/middle school days - but it doesn't compare with this next video of Hands On The Bible (below)- excuse the video, it's obviously homemade and crappy and yet not that bad. This song is epic. Local H has got to be one of the best underground bands ever. Sometimes I'll see them playing at a local bar where I'm from or a grocery store - these kids kick it old school and keep it fresh. Hope you enjoy.



Oh, and Everclear? Miss you.

Lyrics of the day:
Well I wrote your name and burned it
To see the color of the flame
And it burned out the whole spectrum
As if you're everything

-Brand New, Untitled 1

No comments: