Friday, October 9, 2009

Daisy

Man.

I've been meaning to save a post for my review of Daisy, Brand New's latest and greatest. I've spent hours reading reviews by fans, critics, haters, radio hosts... I've seen it. I've been preparing and brooding over what I'd say, but after all that thought and deep introspection, here it is: I like it. No, in fact, I love it. From the weirdly haunting gospel hymn recordings to Jesse Lacey's screaming vocals, it's a brisk walk down that dark alley we loitered in with The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me. This celebration of the edgier, darker side of life makes me thirst for more and keeps this album on repeat. Kudos to Brand New for always putting out and props to Vinnie for the significant contribution in these lyrics. I admire the hard-headed determination Brand New has in pursuing their unique sound and the wise choice to ignore the hopes and dreams of fans, musicians, and fads alike.

Well, I'll stop. I could probably go on forever about them and I don't doubt that the majority of my posts are about these kids. Tomorrow is my birthday. I plan on enjoying myself.

1 comment:

treflower said...

Have you ever consider journalism? Maybe for some contemporary music magazine? You'd be good. I like reading your posts.